Thursday, December 2, 2010

Spider Bite!



For all you arachnophobes (you know who you are, SJ and EF)--I was bitten last week by a nasty spider, twice on my elbow. Been feeling a little fluey ever since--don't worry, Mom, I talked to a chemist and am treating it appropriately. My guess is it was a white-tail spider, not one of the two fatally venomous spiders, but one that certainly packs a punch. White-tails are pretty common, and with all this rainy weather, the spideys are headed inside. Anyway, they say to take photos to monitor the wound on a daily basis--so here you go.

Bite update: Worser and worser and then a little better. The bites blistered up considerably, but the sites are healing slowly. Other blisters erupted up and down my arm. Frickin' spider!

Update on the update: Two+ weeks later, I'm still feeling the effects. For about 10 days, I had flu-like symptoms, mild but there. Also neck pain. After two days of feeling great, the neck pain is back. Arg. This is so frustrating. Meanwhile the bite itself looks like it has healed, although the break-outs on my appendages are still irritating.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I came across this trying to find what bit me... I am 5 days post bite and have markings like these on my arms. Just wondering what you did to treat it and how long till they are gone?

    ReplyDelete